Thursday, March 23, 2017

Polyamory 3/23/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 7
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 8
What is the presenter’s purpose?: He's sharing his ideas about a "new" kind of love/relationship.
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) He is emotional and passionate about his topic.  He is excited to share his knowledge and really wants the audience to know their options because obviously, this choice and finding was important in his life. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) His language is clear.
How was the audio/visual quality? The audio and visual quality was good. 
How did the presenter structure the presentation? He built on his concepts, but sometimes jumped around.  I got a little confused with his concept of 4 Cs. He went through them very fast and I missed the last two and then I never really caught on to them even later on in his presentation. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There was a lot of culturally bound information regarding our ideas about love, relationships, partnerships, and life goals and what our lives should look like.  There was a lot of topic-specific jargon.  The entire presentation included jargon about polyamory and relationships.  Jargon: polyamory, monogamy, his organization's names.  
Brief notes: I thought there were parts where I totally missed a concept and stopped halfway through a sentence.  There were other parts where I felt really confident that my message was equivalent to what he was trying to get across.  When I didn't understand something, I tried really hard to just get the gist of what he was saying because I felt like in this presentation each word wasn't necessarily important, but the message he was trying to convey was. Even if I missed one of his C terms, I still got his message across that people should know there are different options for relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment