Thursday, April 13, 2017

Temple Grandin 4/13

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 7
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 7
What is the presenter’s purpose?: Adjust people's thinking and share knowledge about how to work with children with Autism. 
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) She is very emotive and passionate about the topic.  She has a lot of experience having gone through the struggles as a person with Autism and she wants to share her knowledge in order to help other children experiencing the same struggles. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) She spoke clear, but very quickly and she has a strong accent. 
How was the audio/visual quality? The audio/visual quality was good. 
How did the presenter structure the presentation? She used personal experience to share her opinions and demonstrate solutions to the audience.  She used pictures to emphasize her points to show her designs that she discussed. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  Autism, Aspergers are both topic-specific jargon
Brief notes:  She went very fast and I feel like I left a lot of information out.  She had a lot of good examples that I tried to summarize.  I think I did well in most parts listening and getting the idea instead of just spitting out every word she said because then I never could have kept up with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment