Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Curse 4/6

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 9
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 9
What is the presenter’s purpose?: She wanted to share her experience lifting her curse and finding love. 
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) She is very emotive about her experience and really funny.  She adds stories to engage the audience and has a great personality!
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) She spoke clearly and like she was telling a story. 
How was the audio/visual quality? The audio quality was good. 
How did the presenter structure the presentation? She told a story that led to her purpose. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There was culturally bound information when she discussed Baptists, Wicca, fortune tellers, Hogwarts mug. There was topic-specific jargon Wicca, magic, curse. 
Brief notes: I felt like I did a really good job taking on her character.  I tried to over exaggerate my emotions to match her over the top personality.  I also think I improved how I interpreter her side notes (her inner thoughts); towards the end I think it will look like I was talking to myself.  I fingerspelled curse throughout the video and I think I can come up with a better way to portray that concept in my take 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment