Thursday, April 20, 2017

4/20 For the Children 2

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 8
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 7
What is the presenter’s purpose?: He's telling stories that use lots of curse words. 
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…)In the beginning you see him laughing so he's obviously a little uncomfortable.  He tells funny stories though so he's having fun with it. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) His language is clear. 
How was the audio/visual quality? The video/audio quality was good, but the actual video in GoReact was a little small/narrow so some of his signs were hard to see.  
How did the presenter structure the presentation? He set it up like a story. First he talked about his HS experience, then college, then fighting with his wife. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon? The swear words were topic-specific I guess.  The signs for offensive and defensive related to sports specifically. 

Brief notes: I needed to have a little more lag time so I got his message before. I think I didn't do very well on my goal of speaking and then not missing the next thought.  I think I got most of what he said, but sometimes I felt like I missed something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment