Thursday, February 23, 2017

2/23/17 Interview about

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 8.5
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 9
What is the presenter’s purpose?: She's giving an overview of her presentation and answering the interviewer's questions.
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) She is emotive and passionate about her topic.  She has a real interest that one can see coming through in her language and body language. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) She was clear.
How was the audio/visual quality? The video quality was good.  
How did the presenter structure the presentation? It was a Q&A so the interviewer asked questions and she responded. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There was culturally bound information when she discussed the Deaf community being oppressed and the need for partnership between the communities because they are related.  There was topic-specific jargon when she discussed CDIs, interpreters, the Deaf community.
Brief notes: I actually feel really good about this interpretation.  Watching her previous video did help because I knew a little bit about Deaf Cultural Wealth.  There were a few times when I didn't know what she was talking about, but I tried really hard to keep my lag time shorter.  My mentors have been telling me my lag time is too long so in this video I tried to keep up with her and I think I included a lot of the information and really understood her concepts.  I think this is the first time that I really feel confident about my interpretation.  The one thing I did struggle with was how to differentiate when she was answering a question and the interviewer was asking a question.  I think it sounded like one continuous monologue where she was questioning herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment