Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Conducting Research 1/26/2017

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 6
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 5
What is the presenter’s purpose?: To educate through story
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) She seemed excited to share her experience and information.
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) It was a little confusing to follow all the different times she popped up as a "new presenter".
How was the audio/visual quality? The video quality was good. 
How did the presenter structure the presentation? She used a personal story/experience to inform the audience about research.  
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  Topic-specific jargon: qualitative, bias, sampling, etc. Culturally bound information: videophone
Brief notes: I struggled to follow the role shifting and her use of technology to put herself in the screen at the same time.  I used the screen to help with some of her fingerspelling, but I think I focused too much on the word on the screen and not enough to what she was signing so I missed some concepts.  I need to learn to balance using the resources with focusing on the signer. I didn't understand the ending so I stopped abruptly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment