Thursday, February 16, 2017

Ethics 2/9/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 8
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 8
What is the presenter’s purpose?: He wants to educate people about the need for CDIs.
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) He is passionate about the topic and very clear in his views on the issue. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) He was clear and to the point. He gave good examples that supported his ideas. 
How was the audio/visual quality? He was a little unclear, but I could understand what he said. 
How did the presenter structure the presentation? He had clear questions that he presented and then offered his opinions or solutions to the prompts. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon? The whole topic was culturally bound and used topic-specific jargon. CDI is something that most hearing people (outside of the interpreting community) would not know.  I think he was talking to interpreters, but after typing this, I feel I should have said in the beginning Certified Deaf Interpreter to clarify the meaning.  
Brief notes: At the end, I missed some of what he said so I need to go back and try to figure that part out. I think I did pretty well on this though. I think I understood a lot of his information, but I need to work on my presentation. I am focusing so much on getting the words out that I forget to put forth the emotion that the signer is showing. I'm proud of this interpretation. It wasn't perfect, but I think I understood most of what he said and didn't miss too much information until the end when I struggled a bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment