Monday, February 6, 2017

Comptroller 2/2/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 4
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 4
What is the presenter’s purpose?: Educate the audience about their budget plan and current financial standings. 
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) The presenter spoke formally, was very clear and to the point. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) The presenter spoke clearly and got to the point quickly with each topic. 
How was the audio/visual quality? good
How did the presenter structure the presentation? His was a prepared speech.  He used powerpoint slides to show/support his information through graphs and charts. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There was a lot of topic specific jargon related to the government and the finances related to the state's employment rates and wages, etc.
Brief notes: I kept messing up the number millions and billions. I should spell them out so that I don't confuse my clients.  I had trouble explaining a lot of what he was talking about.  His speech was slower so it was easier to follow than the LDS report, but I still struggled to form the information into ASL. I did prepare to know what FY was (fiscal year) but I should've included the short handed FY into my interpretation.  I think I missed some information and then threw a number up with no association to anything I signed prior to or after. I definitely need to practice signing bigger numbers because I take too much time thinking about what I'm doing with the numbers and miss a whole bunch of information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment