Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Fast Food 1/26/2017

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 7 
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 7
What is the presenter’s purpose?: His purpose it to entertain his audience with his experience.
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) He was emotive. 
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) It was pretty clear, but in some parts he moved around so I missed some concepts.
How was the audio/visual quality? The audio quality was a little tough to follow. The camera would move sometimes so I missed some of the fingerspelling at the beginning such as the names of the restaurants he was speaking about.  
How did the presenter structure the presentation? He told a story.  He led into his story by giving a few options for restaurants and then informed the audience where he chose to go.  Then he told his story about his experience. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  It was helpful to know about deaf people and some background information about their experiences with drive throughs and with people who do not know ASL.  There was topic-specific jargon related to the names of restaurants. 
Brief notes: Camera moved so I missed fingerspelling in the beginning.  Also one point in the story I missed that the next car drove up and the worker still had the speakers turned up.  I think I corrected myself a few times though so that was good to notice my mistakes in the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment