Thursday, February 2, 2017

Time Management 2/2/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 8
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 8
What is the presenter’s purpose?: Educate the audience on time management in college
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) Desire to share his knowledge/help students succeed
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) clear, emphasized important parts
How was the audio/visual quality? good
How did the presenter structure the presentation? 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There wasn't a lot of topic specific jargon or cultural information.  The speaker was generally speaking about how time management would help students do better in school and in life. 
Brief notes: I think I did okay on this. I tried not to have too much lag time because sometimes I overdo that and get confused on signing and listening at the same time.  I felt good about using lists and keeping up with the speaker.  I used the tools available (the slides) to help me when I wanted to understand a concept or if I missed the speaker's sentence.  My mentor and I are working on my confidence so before this video I told myself I could do it and to think like my  mentor and I think it helped me. I felt a little bit more relaxed and think I produced a more complete message than I sometimes do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment