Thursday, February 16, 2017

Make Sex Normal 2/16/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 7
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 7
What is the presenter’s purpose?: Educate people
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) She is emotional and passionate. She wants to share the importance of her topic and share the fact that we have to start a discussion.
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) She spoke clearly and understandably. 
How was the audio/visual quality? Good
How did the presenter structure the presentation? Lecture style, but she kept the audience engaged by sharing personal experiences form her own life and stories she heard while researching the topic.  
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  There was a lot of topic specific jargon related to sex. There was also culturally bound information because Americans are not comfortable speaking about sex and our bodies.  I think this information is important because it is why we don't talk about sex or share with our children.  
Brief notes:  I think I started out strong and then at the end it got a little harder to process. I felt myself using the sign DISCUSSION a lot so I want to change that when I interpret next time.  At the end when she shared the quotes from her research I applied "Gish Up" because I didn't catch the full quote, but got the idea.  I think my use of space was a little unclear when she told the story about her mom and grandmother too so I'll be interested to watch that when I analyze my video and see what I actually did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment