Thursday, February 2, 2017

LDS Statistical Report 2/2/17

Initial gut reaction 1-Not at all   10-Yes, definitely
Did I convey presenter’s overall message? 2
Did I deliver the interpretation with confidence? 3
What is the presenter’s purpose?: Educate the audience on the church's report
What is the presenter’s attitude toward the topic?: (emotive, excited, lethargic…) monotone, just listing information
What was the presenter’s language quality? (clear, redundant, evasive, tangents…) Clear, but he spoke very fast and I couldn't/didn't catch all the numbers.
How was the audio/visual quality? good
How did the presenter structure the presentation? He listed the information. He said a group and the numbers associated with it. 
Did the source text use any culturally bound information or topic-specific jargon?  Lots of culturally bound information and topic-specific jargon related to the church such as ward, stake, branches, etc. 
Brief notes: WOW, that was really fast for numbers. I'm not used to the words associated with the LDS church.  I should've practiced the groups more. I also should've practiced signing numbers more. I felt like he went at lightening speed listing off the numbers and I couldn't keep up! I missed a lot of information. I stopped in the middle of some of his titles/numbers and did not include even close to the full amount of information given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment